Ownership and Use of this Website and its Content
This Website and the Content are, and shall remain, the sole property of UOMA. Your use of or access to this Website shall not in any way transfer or assign to you any ownership or other proprietary rights in or to this Website or any Content. This Website and the Content is protected by all relevant Canadian and international copyrights in the design of this Website, including layout, typography, underlying HTML, Java scripts, text, audio clips, video clips and graphics, and in the expression of the information contained herein, whether as a compilation or otherwise. Trade-marks, trade names and designs appearing on this Website are the exclusive property of, or are licensed to, UOMA or Member Associations and are protected. No use of a trade-mark, trade name or design appearing on this Website may be made without the prior, written permission of UOMA or the owner thereof.
UOMA grants to you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to display on your computer, print, download and use one copy of the Content, but only for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes, and provided always that you:
- do not amend, modify or change any such Content;
- include with and display on each copy of such Content the associated copyright notice (“© 2005-2006 UOMA. All rights reserved.”) and this limited license; and
- include all UOMA identification, marks, notices and disclaimers.
No other use or copying of this Website or the Content is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are expressly prohibited from:
- making any commercial use of any Content;
- including any Content in or with any product or service that you distribute or provide;
- copying any Content onto your or any other website; and
- storing any Content for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any right under any copyright of UOMA, a Member Association or any other person who owns copyright in the Content.
Linking – Permission Required
You are prohibited from making links of any kind to this Website without UOMA’s prior written permission. You may not sell, retransmit, repackage, disseminate or otherwise republish any of the Content in any form, including paper, nor may you include any Content with any product, document or information that you hold, create or distribute without the prior written consent of UOMA. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, hypertext linking to this Website or “deep linking” to any webpage on this Website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of UOMA.
Upon receiving permission from UOMA to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of UOMA’s logos or trade-marks;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- you do not in any way imply that UOMA is endorsing any products or services;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with UOMA or a Member Association nor present any other false information about UOMA;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
UOMA expressly reserves the right to revoke the right to link to this Website for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate. You shall fully indemnify UOMA for any loss or damage suffered by UOMA or any of its Member Associations for breach of any of the above-listed terms.
Data Mining and other Prohibited Uses
Use of this Website through a Web browser that contains any frames displaying contents of other Websites is strictly prohibited. The scarping or mining of data from or framing or mirroring of this Website by any method is strictly prohibited. You agree to not employ or utilize any collaborative browsing or display technologies.
Visitor Material and Conduct
Any material you transmit or post to this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. UOMA will have no obligations with respect to such material. UOMA and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party in Canada or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
Web Privacy Statement