A collector is a business registered with UOMA PE to pick up the poducts governed by the Regulation from large generators or collection facilities and deliver them to registered UOMA PE processors.
At the heart of UOMA PE’s program we find incentives (Return Incentives or RIs) to collectors, according to the different zones in the province of Prince Edward Island. The financing of these subsidies comes from the (Environmental Handling Charges) EHCs paid by members on their sales occured in Prince Edward Island of the products covered by the Regulation.
Find a collector
Does your organization generate a large amount of recyclable material? A registered collector will take care of the collection directly at your door.
For more information, please contact-us.
Serving the city of « »
- Antifreeze (glycol)
- Aerosol containers
- Plastic containers (oil, antigel/glycol, DEF)
CleanEarth Industrial Services
GFL Environmental Services Inc. (Sussex, NB)
Safety-Kleen Canada Inc.
*If you cannot open the attached file, please visit www.adobe.com to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Used OIL collector RI claim form
- Used FILTER collector RI claim form
- Used oil, glycol (antifreeze) and diesel exhaust fluid plastic CONTAINERS (50 liters or less) collector RI claim form (for collections until December 31, 2022)
- Used oil, glycol (antifreeze) and diesel exhaust fluid plastic CONTAINERS (50 liters or less) collector RI claim form (for collections from January 1, 2023 onward)
- Used AEROSOL (lubricants and automotive part cleaners) collector RI claim form
- Used GLYCOL (ANTIFREEZE) collector RI claim form
- Used oil, glycol (antifreeze) and diesel exhaust fluid plastic containers (50 liters or less) TRANSPORTATION claim form (for collections from September 1, 2022 onward)
- Recycle docket
- Collector’s statement
- Collectors and processors manual
- Collector registration application form
- Collectors agreement
- Map and RI table
Register as a collector
What documentation do I need in order to register as a UOMA PE collector?
It is important to read through the collectors and processors manual to fully understand the program.
To register as a UOMA PE collector, you must send the following items to UOMA PE:
a) the collector registration form and all the documents outlined therein
b) the collectors Agreement, signed, dated and initialized on every page
c) a check for $ 200 plus all applicable taxes
UOMA PE will examine the information received and will schedule an appointment with the registrant. Following the meeting, if all is in order, the registrant will be presented with a registration certificate along with a copy of their collectors agreement signed by UOMA PE. All collectors registered with UOMA PE appear on the website with the products that they collect and their zones of activity.
IT IS IMPERATIVE that you read the supplemental information sent to all collectors in compliance with the collectors agreement. You will find this information in the Communiqués section of this website under “Collectors”.
What documentation do I need to complete in order to register with UOMA PE as an internal collector-processor?
In the case of a registration for an internal collector-processor, UOMA PE requires all of the documents required for a collector registration AND all of the documents required for a processor registration.
UOMA PE will examine the documents and if all is in order, UOMA PE will forward the registration certificate to the registrant along with a copy of the agreements (collectors and processors) signed by UOMA PE.
Internal collector-processors do not appear on UOMA PE’s website.
Which documents are you required to complete to renew your registration as a UOMA PE collector?
In order to renew your registration as a UOMA PE collector, you must:
- Complete the Collector registration renewal form, to which must be attached PDF copies of your permits/certificates issued by the Department of Environment, Labour and Justice (or any other local government authority that applies) and a proof of civil insurance for the current year for each of your installations;
- Send UOMA PE a cheque for $200 plus applicable taxes.
If everything is compliant, the applicant will receive their registration certificate via email. The latter will be valid for a year, from January 1st to December 31st.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to read the Communiqués from the COLLECTORS section, those communiqués have already been sent to all collectors, they are additional information to the content found in the Collectors agreement.